Friday 2 August 2013

★Rainbow Chevron Nails★ + Kleancolor Haul!

We meet once again! ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ 

Today, I have a Rainbow Chevron mani for you guys! I also just got Photoshop so, expect prettier watermarks from now on!


Click Read More if you want to know how I did it!

Products used: Sinful Colors - Snow Me White, A Rainbow of Acrylic Paint, A Makeup Sponge, Ulta3 - Black Satin, Striping Tape, Pinking Shears (Zig-Zag Craft Scissors) and last but not, least a Top Coat! (My top coat is a mix of like 5 different top coats so.. Yeah ≧▽≦ )

For the gradient, I painted a thin coat of Snow Me White. Then, I used a small paintbrush and painted thin strips of acrylic paint on the makeup sponge, gently patted it on a piece of scrap paper or an old magazine and then dabbed it on my nail. I used 3 coats in total.

For the Zig-Zag pattern, I painted thick coats of Black Satin on a Zip-lock bag. I waited overnight and peeled the polish off using my thumb or sometimes a pair of tweezers. Then, I used the Pinking Shears (Zig-Zag Craft Scissors) and tried to line up the polish perfectly. I definitely need to practice more >.< Janelle from elleandish has a great tutorial on making nail art stickers using a Freezer/Zip-Lock Bag! After that, I painted a clear coat on my rainbow gradient and stuck the chevrons on :) 

Now for the Haul!


My dad found this awesome shop in Fairfield that sold Kleancolor polishes for $1 each! I've never tried Kleancolor before so we'll see how it goes :) 

L-R Kleancolor Metallic Fuchsia, Gold Bright, Metallic Aqua, Metallic Yellow and Fusion Pink
I can't wait to get my macro lens so I can start doing swatches!!

Thanks for reading <3
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a message! I welcome all comments so long as they aren't spam or hate :)